Found in 20 Collections and/or Records:
Originally chartered in 1892 as Local 155 of the Journeymen Bakers and Confectioners International Union located in Waterbury Connecticut. In 1904, the name was changed to Bakery and Confectionery Workers International Union. In 1978, the union merged with Tobacco Workers Union to create the present union. Each time the international name changed the local received a new charter. The Local history can be found in Series IV.
Francis D. Donovan (1917-2005) was a resident of Medway, Massachusetts, and an avid railroad photograph and memorabilia collector and researcher, particularly of materials associated with the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and its predecessor lines. His papers consist of his writings and research files about the railroad; photographs of stations, engines, and railroad scenes; maps, scrapbooks, postcards and timetables.
Materials relating to the proposed development of the Eaton farmland and related zoning disputes in Mansfield Center, CT (1987-1993).
The Charles B. Gunn Collection consists of papers produced by and about Gunn, as well as materials he collected of historical information about the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad Company, Penn Central, Amtrak, and Conrail. The collection includes photographs taken by Gunn when he served as official photographer for the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad Company, in the mid-1950s.
Electric company of Hartford, Connecticut, established in 1882. Records consist of writings about the history of the company, correspondence, contracts, notes, maps, photographs, publications and financial records.
The collection contains the research and publications of Evan Hill, journalism professor, and head of the journbalism department, at the University of Connecticut from 1965 to 1984.
Personal and professional papers of Oliver Ormerod Jensen, writer, editor, self-taught historian, and railroad enthusiast.
The collection documents the personal and professional lives of several generations of Leavenworths residing in Connecticut.
The Meriden-Wallingford School of Nursing traces its history to the establishment of the Meriden Hospital Nursing program in 1892. The program flourished from the 1890s until 1973 when it was phased out, following the national trend to move nursing programs from the hospital environment to a collegiate environment. The last class graduated in 1976.
The Connecticut College of Pharmacy was established in 1925 in New Haven, Connecticut. In 1941, the Connecticut General Assembly enacted legislation to incorporate the College as part of the University of Connecticut. The collection contains an extensive collection of clippings (scrapbooks) concerning the program and its faculty, students and graduates in addition to historical papers, documents and reports about pharmacy and the program at the University.
The collection contains administrative records and historical documents of the Storrs (Connecticut) Congregational Church.
George Safford Torrey was born 14 March 1891 in Boston, Massachusetts. Torrey was hired in 1915 as an instructor of Botany at the Connecticut Agricultural College and in 1928 received tenure and was appointed Head of the Botany Department. Torrey retired from the University in 1953 and died in 1977.
The collection contains documents related to the administrative, financial, social and cultural functions of the University of Connecticut League from 1966-201998. Founded "to promote social and friendly relations within, and to provide worthwhile service to the University and community," the UConn League has sponsored a variety of social, cultural, and fundraising events for the local and UConn communities and for its own membership.