Found in 456 Collections and/or Records:
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Aeronautical Industrial District Lodge 91 Records
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW), Canel Lodge 700 was founded on 20 April 1959. The lodge, located in Middletown, Connecticut, was organized by machinists at the Canel Atomic Testing Lab. In 1959, the local gained collective bargaining recognition from the Canel Lab. Pratt and Whitney took over the plant circa 1965. Pratt and Whitney continued union recognition after the takeover.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Industrial Aircraft, Lodge 743 Records
Chartered in 1941 to represent members of the International Association of Machinists at Hamilton Standard in East Hartford, Connecticut. In 1952, it moved to Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Industrial Aircraft Lodge 1746 Records
The International Aircraft Lodge 1746 was chartered on 1 November 1945. The local represents production workers at United Technologies Corporation's Pratt and Whitney plant in East Hartford, Connecticut. The workers make jet engines and other components for commercial and military aircraft. Lodge 1746 is a member of IAMAW District 91.
Chartered in 1974, representing machinists at United Aircraft’s Pratt and Whitney plant in North Haven, Connecticut. Originally organized as the United Automobile Workers Local 1234 in 1952.
The collection covers the period 1958 through 1961, although the majority of the materials are dated 1959-1960. The Lodge Records include correspondence, by-laws, agreements, minutes and financial records.
The collection is comprised of materials documenting the immigration of Latin Americans, in to the United States, during the 1980s and 1990s, and the International Rescue Committee's role in assisting that immigration. The collection consists of administrative records, financial records, legal documents, correspondence, notes, photographs, and transcripts.
The International Silver Company was organized under the laws of the State of New Jersey on November 19, 1898. Within the next year, seventeen companies were purchased. By the early 1900s, it had become a large industrial corporation. Its operations centered at Meriden, Connecticut, would prove to be the major producer of silver products in the United States.
A review of the International Studies program at the University of Connecticut was undertaken in the winter of 1987. At which a committee was formed to collect information on the existing programs at the University, review prior reports and plans, make recommendations and plans in light of expected reorganization and gather opinions from the campus community. Working from an earlier report (1985), the committee completed its work and disbanded by April 1987.
Labor union of steam-driven construction equipment operators of Danbury, Connecticut. Collection consists of correspondence, grievance reports, by-laws and constitution, and membership lists. Includes information about work conditions of the union members and a strike in 1904.
The Connecticut State conference of the International Women's Year was held at the University of Bridgeport on 11-12 June 1977. The women's conference was sponsored by the National Committee on the Observance of International Women's Year in order to elect delegates to attend the National Conference in Houston in November and to adopt resolutions to present to the National Conference.
Ives and Pierce, a rural business in Canaan, Connecticut, was owned by Henry B. Ives and Robert D. Pierce, and sold grain, chicken feed, poultry, and agricultural supplies to local farmers. The business also sold coal to local residents. The records consist of 36 volumes of financial journals, daybooks, and coal and account books.
Started as Williams' Genuine Yankee Soap around 1840; moved to Glastonbury, Connecticut in 1847 and gained its current name in 1848; acquired Conti Products Corporation in 1950; acquired R. B. Selmer, Inc. in 1952; was acquired by Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 1957 and moved to Cranford, New Jersey but keeping the same name; was eventually sold to Nabisco in 1971.
Personal and professional papers of Oliver Ormerod Jensen, writer, editor, self-taught historian, and railroad enthusiast.
The professional papers of Clyde Jones, faculty member in the School of Family Studies (Home Economics) at the University of Connecticut from 1961 to 1985.
The Lewis Katz Papers contain administrative documentation of his work as a Professor of Chemistry (1952-1988) and Vice President of Academic Affairs (circa 1981-1988) at the University of Connecticut, as well as his service on multiple University, College and Departmental committees.
Vivien Kellems, Connecticut businesswoman and activist, served as president of the Kellems Cable Grip Company into the early 1960s. She also devoted herself to challenging the United States Government on issues such as personal rights during war time, business tax withholding from employees, inflated singles income tax and fair voting procedures.
Barbara Bailey Kennelly represented Connecticut in Congress for 17 years, leaving in 1999 as the highest ranking woman member in the history of the House of Representatives to that time. The collection includes correspondence to and from constituents and colleagues, notes, research materials, speeches, official congressional documents, congressional records, press clips, photographs, audio and video tapes, and special interest reports.
The Kent Iron Company was formed in 1864 by a group of local residents of Kent, Connecticut. The company was established on the site of an iron foundry that is believed to have produced ammunition for Washington's army and parts of the chain that the colonists extended across the Hudson River to prevent passage of British warships. Kent Iron Company's hot blast furnace was erected on the site of the region's first blast furnace built in 1826.
Wilma Belknap Keyes was an assistant professor at the University of Connecticut School of Home Economics from 1938-1963. During her tenure she developed and taught over 20 new art courses and saw the beginning of the School of Fine Arts as a distinct department from the School of Home Economics.
The collection contains the professional papers of Edward A. Khairallah, Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology, at the University of Connecticut.
Materials related to the life and career of author David Kherdian. The collection is comprised of correspondence, notes, galley proofs, print proofs, and publications, and contains many of his published works. In addition to his literary work, the collection contains various materials related to his Armenian family and interests.
The emphasis of the collection is documentation of the responsibilities Smith carried out during his military career, 1862-1870. Correspondence, reports, inventories and rosters comprise the majority of the collection. There is nothing in the collection regarding Mr. Smith's newspaper career or his activities in Colorado.
The Ken Krayeske Papers consist of administrative records, publications, pamphlets, correspondence, clippings, financial records, fliers, legal documents, audio cassettes, photographs, and posters of Meriden, Connecticut based attorney and activist Ken Krayeske. The collection contains materials from 1969 to 2009, with the bulk of the collection comprised of materials from the 1990s and 2000s.
First established as a program within the Labor Management Institute in 1946, the Labor Education evolved into a separate center in 1961. Its purpose is to fulfill the educational, consultation, and research needs of the state's unions.
The collection contains the professional papers of Dr. Ladd, professor of political science and director of the Roper Center at the University of Connecticut.
The collection documents the personal and professional lives of several generations of Leavenworths residing in Connecticut.