Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 261 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Content The University of Connecticut Libraries (UCL) collection contains library office files from 1940-1994, including accession records dating back to 1882 and additions through 2005. The collection includes the files of university librarians, a staff member, and several directors of the university libraries, as well as meeting minutes, staff and personnel records, and records concerning the construction of Homer Babbidge Library.The files and official records of several UCL committees,...
Dates: undated, 1882-
Abstract The collection contains documentation of Mr. Lumsden's activities and association with the Greater Hartford Chamber of Commerce, Greater Hartford Corporation, Hartford City Council from the 1960s through the 1980s.
Dates: undated, circa 1960-circa 1985.
Abstract The collection contains artwork, illustrations, correspondence and related materials pertaining to Suse MacDonald, award winning author/illustrator of fourteen children's books as of 2010.
Dates: undated, 1979-2002
Abstract Branford, Connecticut, metal foundry, founded by Joseph Nason in 1841 as the Joseph Nason Company. Name changed to Walworth and Nason Company of Boston, Massachusetts, to manufacture equipment and install steam heating, and then to Malleable Iron Fittings Company in 1864, which produced malleable iron castings. Collection consists of administrative records, including production ledgers, melting reports, inventory and shipment books, order books, salesbooks, correspondence, and payroll books.
Dates: undated, 1842-1962
Abstract The materials that compose the records of the Mansfield League of Women Voters in this collection begin with minutes documenting a meeting that took place on 5 February, 1942. As the League gained strength in membership and purpose the records of its activities have included: organizational documents such as histories of the League, by-laws, Board policies, Board rosters and membership directories; minutes of Board meetings, annual meetings, and sporadic general membership meetings; financial...
Dates: undated, 1942-2011
Abstract The Mansfield Organ Pipe Works remained the sole manufacturer of metal-toed organ pipe feet in the world until around 1979. The company traces its origins to Erastus McCollum and his sons Julian and Henry.
Dates: undated, 1881-1934
Abstract Papers of Harry J. Marks, long time professor of history at the University of Connecticut.
Dates: undated, 1946-2005
Abstract The collection consists of payroll vouchers, traffic vouchers, correspondence, deposit slips, financial documents and other materials associated with the Hartford & New Haven Railroad, the Central New England Railway, the Philadephia, Reading & New England Railroad, the New York & Boston Railroad and other railroad lines in southern New England and eastern New York. Much of the correspondence is to John Brock, president of the Philadelphia, Reading & New England Railroad and the...
Abstract Stewart Brett McKinney, Congressman from Connecticut's Fourth District, was born in Pittsburgh, PA, 30 January 1931. McKinney served as a State Representative in Connecticut's General Assembly, 1966-1970 and was a minority leader of the State House of Representatives, 1969-1970. McKinney was first elected as a Republican from the 4th District to the 92nd Congress on 3 November 1970, and was re-elected 8 times, 1972-1986.
Dates: undated, 1970-1986
File — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents From the Sub-Series: Materials from Marlene Barron's work on the AMS Board of Directors and her involvement with numerous committees, including the Seminar Committee, Teacher Education Committee, and Preprimary Committee. Barron served as the AMS treasurer and then as president of the board. This subseries also includes materials related to AMS's public relations and marketing, particularly work with the Barth Agency.
File — Box 2, Folder: 48
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The emphasis of the collection is documentation of the responsibilities Smith carried out during his military career, 1862-1870. Correspondence, reports, inventories and rosters comprise the majority of the collection. There is nothing in the collection regarding Mr. Smith's newspaper career or his activities in Colorado.
Dates: 1870 March-June
Series — Box 148
Scope and Content Note volunteer information, donor correspondence, town mailers, Democratic Town Committee information, expenditure reports, 1974 finances, Lucien P. DiFazio, FEC material
Dates: 1974 - 1976
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge Free And Accepted Masons Of Connecticut (Prince Hall Masons) Records
Abstract The history of Black Free and Accepted Masons dates its origin from the initiation of Prince Hall on 6 March 1775 along with fourteen other free blacks into a Military Lodge of white masons. Lodge No. 441 of the Irish Registry up to the present time.
Dates: undated, 1925-1987
Abstract Screw eye and screw manufacturer of Chester, Connecticut, founded in 1848.
Abstract The collection contains the administrative records of the Connecticut Chapter of the National Organization for Women. CT NOW believes that the personal is indeed political; therefore it strives to impact and change attitudes, beliefs, and policies that harm all women by fighting for political, economic, and social justice through education, organizing and action. Also hold records created and gathered by NOW CT chapter founder Judith Pickering.
Dates: undated, 1939, 1964-2014; Majority of material found within 1970 - 2014
Abstract The New Britain Machine Company of New Britain, Connecticut, was established in 1895 as a successor to the J.T. Case Engine Company. Through the years the company produced a variety of machines including bar, chuckers, turning machines, precision boring machines, lathes, hand tools, and injection molding machines. The records consist of photographs, patents, tool and machine catalogs, employee newsletters, board of directors minutes, financial ledgers, mechanical drawings, and manuals of...
Dates: undated, 1890-1990
Abstract The New England Archivists was formed in 1973. The organization is incorporated as a nonprofit organization under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Its purpose as defined by the Bylaws is as follows: "to foster the preservation and use of records of enduring value in New England, public and private, corporate and individual, and to improve the management and public awareness and understanding of such records, by providing pre-professional and continuing education in archival theory...
Dates: undated, 1969-2014
Abstract The Technical Equipment Company (TEC) had its general headquarters in New York City and a manufacturing plant in Niantic, Connecticut, by 1913. In the spring of 1913, TEC took over the gauge department of Utica Steam Gauge Company and the Libby Valve and Packing Company. By 1914, the company had become the New England Steam Gauge Company and had its base in Niantic.
Dates: undated, 1912-1961
Abstract A historical association dedicated to preserving the history of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, a major freight and passenger railroad in southern New England. Collection consists of records of the railroad, not the historical association.
Dates: undated, 1860-1986
Abstract The collection holds documents related to early southern New England railroads, particularly those that were predecessor lines of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, including the Boston, Hartford and Erie Railroad; the Boston and New York Airline Railroad; the Central New England Railway; the Charles River Railroad; the Chicago and Evanston Railroad; the Connecticut River Railroad; the Hartford and New Haven Railroad; the Hartford, Providence and Fishkill Railroad; the Housatonic...
Dates: undated, 1815-1907
Abstract The corporate records of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad document the history and impact of the system that dominated railroad transportation in southern New England from 1872 to 1969.
Dates: undated, 1760-1980
Abstract The Nirenstein National Realty Map Company of Springfield, Massachusetts, produced high quality atlases of urban and suburban businesses and shopping centers. Nathan Nirenstein founded the company in 1925.
Dates: undated, 1909-1983
Abstract Official records of the major New England regional nursing association.
Abstract The records consist of financial information concerning the Norwich Typographical Union. Formed to protect workers in the various printing occupations, the Norwich Typographical Union was a local branch of the International Typographical Union and was active from the 1860s to the 1980s.
Abstract The Office of Institution Research collection contains the administrative records, financial records, publications, correspondence, reports, and clippings of the Office of Institutional Research(OIR). The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to provide data and analysis to support the management, planning, evaluation and assessment functions of the University. The office fulfills this mission in a variety of ways and serves a wide range of "consumers" of information, both internal...
Dates: 1950, 1960-2001
Abstract The office created, handled and distributed the official communications of the instituions with the public and press communities. These operations were transferred to the Athletic Communications Office and the University Relations Office (currently known as University Communications) in 1977-19782 and 2000, respectively.
Dates: undated, 1918-1989
Abstract The Charles Olson Research Collection contains the literary works, correspondence, photographs, and personal, professional, and family papers of writer and poet Charles Olson. This collection also includes some administrative records of Black Mountain College.
Abstract Ernest R. Olson, Jr. worked for the Interstate Commerce Commission as Associate Director in the Office of Policy and Analysis and as Assistant Director of Traffic. The collection contains a variety of materials pertaining to railroads beyond the New England area.
Abstract Born in Yonkers in 1930, Joel Oppenheimer was a student of Charles Olson's at Black Mountain College from 1950-1953. He published over a dozen books of poetry, a play, a book on baseball, and was a columnist for the Village Voice from 1968 to 1984. Oppenheimer was the first director of the St. Mark's Poetry Project in Greenwich Village (from 1966 to 1968) and was an active teacher of poetry throughout his life. He died of complications from cancer in 1988. The...
Abstract Founded in 1964 by Robert Hawley and Stevens van Strum, the Oyez Press initially produced a series of poetry broadsides by such notable figures as Robert Duncan, Robert Creeley, William Everson, Gary Snyder, and Charles Olson. Although van Strum left in 1968, Hawley continued on with the press in his spare time, eventually publishing over 80 books in addition to numerous keepsakes and broadsides, featuring authors such as David Meltzer, Josephine Miles, Lew Welch, Philip Lamantia, and many...