minutes (administrative records)
Found in 96 Collections and/or Records:
Labor union of workers in the printing and publishing trades in the Hartford, Connecticut, region. Collection consists of a meeting minute book, 1896-1905, and a seal press of the Ladies Auxiliary No. 72, undated but indicating after 1926.
The collection contains early records of the Alumni Association associated with the University.
The American Montessori Society (AMS) Records document the history of an important American educational organization, and consist of printed, typescript, and handwritten materials; sound recordings; films; photographs; and slides. The collection, although not complete, reflects AMS's professional and administrative activities and also provides historical information about the Montessori system of education in general.
University of Connecticut, Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center Records
Records generated through the extensive career of Dominic J. Badolato (1919-1911), who served as a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, representing New Britain, from 1954 to 1976, and was the founding head of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Union, Council 4, in New Britain, Connecticut, from 1968 to 1996.
Originally chartered in 1892 as Local 155 of the Journeymen Bakers and Confectioners International Union located in Waterbury Connecticut. In 1904, the name was changed to Bakery and Confectionery Workers International Union. In 1978, the union merged with Tobacco Workers Union to create the present union. Each time the international name changed the local received a new charter. The Local history can be found in Series IV.
Minutes of meetings between the President and Vice Presidents of the University.
Fred Carstensen is a Professor of Economics at the University of Connecticut. The collection documents University committees and programs with which he was involved.
The collection contains documentation of the organization and its activities from the 1970s through the early 1990s.
The Child Development Laboratories (CDL) are part of the School of Family Studies and serve the university, community and state as a model demonstration laboratory center.
Hugh Clark received his bachelor's degree from Clark University in 1934 and a doctoral degree from the University of Michigan in 1941. He was employed by the University of Iowa from 1945 to 1947, when he joined the faculty at the University of Connecticut. Clark specialized in developmental biology and retired from the University in 1983. The collection contains correspondence, administrative, professional and personnel files relating to Clark's responsibilities and interests.
The collection contains clippings, administrative records, correspondence, and notes pertaining to the investigation and proposed development of assisted living facility in Mansfield, Connecticut.
In 1971, a Commission was established to investigate proposals for University governance and report back to the University community. Dr. Albert Cohen chaired the Commission.
The collection contains memoranda, minutes, examinations and questions pertaining to the development of a comprehensive examination program at the University of Connecticut for undergraduates culminating in the ability of students to graduate with distinction from their degree programs.
The collection consists of administrative files, photographs, and DVDs associated with the formation, maintenance and demise of the Connecticut Central Railroad, a freight line that ran in and around Middletown, Connecticut, from 1987 to 1998.
The Connecticut Civil Liberties Union Records document the activities, history and administrative records of this organization. The collection contains the organizational documents of the New Haven Civil Liberties Council (1949-1958), administrative records of the CCLU (1958-1990) as well as the organization's materials pertaining to court cases.
The Connecticut Training School (CTS) for Nurses opened in 1873 and closed in 1926. The Connecticut Training School for Nurses Alumnae Association was formed in January 1891 and was dissolved in 1964. An addition to the collection includes correspondence and notes from individuals associated with the establishment of CTS.
The Connecticut Valley Tobacco Growers Association was a cooperative of tobacco growers that operated in Connecticut and Massachusetts during the early part of the twentieth century. The collection consists of the Association's records and printed materials which provide insight into the tobacco industry in Connecticut.
The Series I contains publications, reports, studies, documents and ephemeral materials collected and used as background and research for the development and preparation for the writing of a centennial narrative history of the program at the University of Connecticut. The remainder of the collection documents the activities and programs of CES over time as a unit within the College of Agriculture at the University of Connecticut.
In June 1993, Dorothy Kijanka, Director of the Ryan Matura Library at Sacred Heart University, convened a group of library directors with the hope of forming a consortium, loosely modeled on WALDO, the Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization. Like the Westchester group, the envisioned Connecticut consortium would explore avenues of interlibrary cooperation, jointly seek grant funding, and serve as a forum for the discussion of mutual concerns.
The Archibald M. Crossley Papers contains the personal and professional papers of survey research pioneer, Archibald M. Crossley. Reports, studies, questionnaires, correspondence and publications document the interactions, interests and activities of Crossley and his peers, as well as the polling organizations and companies with which he was associated.