Collective labor agreements
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Bakery, Confectionery and Tobacco Workers International Union, AFL-CIO, Local 155 Records
Originally chartered in 1892 as Local 155 of the Journeymen Bakers and Confectioners International Union located in Waterbury Connecticut. In 1904, the name was changed to Bakery and Confectionery Workers International Union. In 1978, the union merged with Tobacco Workers Union to create the present union. Each time the international name changed the local received a new charter. The Local history can be found in Series IV.
Greater Hartford Labor Council, AFL-CIO Records
The Greater Hartford Labor Council (GHLC) was formed in 1957. All local unions belonging to an international affiliated to the AFL-CIO or affiliated to the AFL-CIO directly are able to join the central labor body in their region upon payment of dues.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Aeronautical Industrial District Lodge 91 Records
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Lodge 707 Records
Chartered in 1974, representing machinists at United Aircraft’s Pratt and Whitney plant in North Haven, Connecticut. Originally organized as the United Automobile Workers Local 1234 in 1952.
Ralph J. Pancallo Papers
Nicholas J. Tomassetti Papers
Nicholas J. Tomassetti was born 17 December 1914 in Pueblo, Colorado. He was a labor organizer and leader associated with the United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers Union as well as a Democratic representative to the Connecticut General Assembly. Mr. Tomassetti died 18 December 1978 in New Britain, Connecticut.
United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 210 Records
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
Elliot S. Wolk Papers
Professor of Mathematics at the University of Connecticut until his retirement in 1988.