Danbury (inhabited place)
Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract: The Harry F. Brown Papers consist of 478 photographic images in various media of railroad electrification equipment along electrified main line section of the Shoreline route of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad.
Dates: 1908-1933, 1959, 1964
Abstract The Davis and Geck Company was founded in 1909 by Charles T. Davis and Fred A. Geck. The company specialized in surgical sutures, beginning with catgut and moving on to kangaroo tendons and later to advanced synthetic materials. For much of its history, Davis and Geck was the world's second largest producer of surgical sutures. The company became part of American Cyanamid in 1930. After subsequent sales, the company was renamed Sherwood, Davis and Geck. Though the D+G offices were initially...
Dates: undated, 1909-1997
Abstract Labor union of steam-driven construction equipment operators of Danbury, Connecticut. Collection consists of correspondence, grievance reports, by-laws and constitution, and membership lists. Includes information about work conditions of the union members and a strike in 1904.
Dates: undated, 1901-1905
Abstract Materials pertaining to Mr. Ratchford's term of office as United States Congressman representing Connecticut's fifth Congressional district.
Dates: undated, 1961-1986
Abstract The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
Dates: undated, 1901-1986