Found in 29 Collections and/or Records:
Documents the activities, programs and development of the University’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion since the creation of its first affirmative action plan to the current program which includes programs and training addressing accessibility, employment equity, discrimination and harassment and Title IX.
Irving Lewis Allen was born in Asheville, NC in 1931 and completed his undergraduate education at Morris Harvey College (1959). In 1964, he was appointed an instructor in the Sociology Department of the University of Connecticut. Dr. Allen was involved in the study of “New Towns”, a type of urban planning.
John D. Alsop was elected to the Connecticut state legislature in 1946. He served as co-chairperson of one of the three committees that wrote the present Connecticut State Constitution at the Constitutional Convention of 1965.
Records generated through the extensive career of Dominic J. Badolato (1919-1911), who served as a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, representing New Britain, from 1954 to 1976, and was the founding head of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Union, Council 4, in New Britain, Connecticut, from 1968 to 1996.
Born in 1913 in Plainville, New Jersey, Roger Borrup worked for the Hartford Times as a printer and typesetter for 44 years until his retirement in 1975. A long-time member of the Hartford Typographical Union, No. 127, Borrup was also the co-founder, incorporator and trustee of the Connecticut Electric Railway Association. Roger Borrup died 9 September 1987 at the age of 74.
Paul Capra was born 11 May 1939. He studied at Yale University (1961), Oxford University and Southern Connecticut State College. He received a Master's degree in Education research. Capra ran twice as the Republican candidate for mayor for the city of New Haven (1969, 1971).
Fred A. Cazel, Jr., professor of History (1948-1988)at the University of Connecticut from 1948-1988. Active in many professional and University committees, Dr. Cazel died in July 2011.
The Center began operation during the 1967/1968 academic year and served as an interdisciplinary focus for the study of modern Italy. The Center was active in establishing courses, contacts abroad and increasing the level of appropriate library acquisitions. The Center was discontinued at the end of the 1974/1975 academic year.
The Connecticut Nurses' Association (CNA) is a professional organization of registered Nurses in Connecticut and a member of the American Nurses' Association (ANA). CNA was established in 1904 as the Graduate Nurses' Association (GNA) of Connecticut out of the Connecticut Training School. Its main objective was to draft and introduce into legislation a bill to regulate nursing practice in Connecticut. The main headquarters of the CNA is located in Meriden, Connecticut.
In 1957, the Connecticut Federation of Labor and the Connecticut State Industrial Union Council (CSIUC) merged to form the Connecticut State Labor Council, AFL-CIO, generally referred to today as the Connecticut State AFL-CIO. The stated purpose of the new organization was to provide a more effective means of promoting and coordinating the principles and objectives of the AFL-CIO in Connecticut.
In June 1993, Dorothy Kijanka, Director of the Ryan Matura Library at Sacred Heart University, convened a group of library directors with the hope of forming a consortium, loosely modeled on WALDO, the Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization. Like the Westchester group, the envisioned Connecticut consortium would explore avenues of interlibrary cooperation, jointly seek grant funding, and serve as a forum for the discussion of mutual concerns.
The University of Connecticut, Environmental Health and Safety Records consist of committee minutes, reports, and various records. The department of Environmental Health and Safety is tasked with promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment by ensuring the highest level of health and safety services for faculty, staff, students, and visitors at the university.
The collection contains publications, reports and documents collected by Mr. Finch in his various positions.
Materials pertaining to the programs and activities of the department.The collection contains materials from the history department during from the 1950s through the early twenty-first century. It contains the department's administrative records, along with correspondence, news clippings, notes, publications, financial records, and awards.
A historical association dedicated to preserving the history of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, a major freight and passenger railroad in southern New England. Collection consists of records of the railroad, not the historical association.
Ernest R. Olson, Jr. worked for the Interstate Commerce Commission as Associate Director in the Office of Policy and Analysis and as Assistant Director of Traffic. The collection contains a variety of materials pertaining to railroads beyond the New England area.
The collection contains correspondence, administrative records, financial records, an honorary degree, photographs, notes, fliers, publications, and legal documents. The materials are from Austin's tenure as president of the university, as well as materials from the president's office and the university prior to his appointment.
The collection consists of the minutes of the executive council of the Research Foundation. Subsequent donations have included historical correspondence and reports, as well as more recent information documenting UConn 200 programs and similar activities.
The collection documents the career of James T. Smith of Connecticut,
Author of Diesels to Park Avenue: The FL-9 Story (New England Rails Publishing Company, 1997). Collection consists of photographs, timetables, track guide maps, operator manuals and freight schedules principally of northeastern United States railroads, including the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, Penn Central, Conrail, and Amtrak.
The collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographic images, car rosters, administrative reports, and other materials about trolley and street railroad cars and the history of the Connecticut Company, which controlled fourteen divisions of street railroad companies across the state of Connecticut from 1905 to 1948. These documents were collected by William B. Young who compiled this information for a comprehensive database about the company's trolley cars.