Found in 98 Collections and/or Records:
University of Connecticut, Vice President for Academic Affairs Office Records [Kenneth G. Wilson, 1974-1981]
The collection contains administrative records, correspondence, reports, minutes, publications and other materials pertaining to the administration of the academic segments of the University. The collection documents the policies, programs and major issues of concern for the institution from the mid 1970s through the early 1980s.
University of Connecticut, Vice President for Academic Affairs Office Records [Kenneth Wilson and Anthony DiBenedetto, 1974-1986]
The Vice President for Academic Affairs, formerly the Provost, is the chief academic officer of the University and reports directly to the University President. The following University officers report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs: Assistant and Associate Provosts, Deans of Schools and Colleges, and the Directors of the Computer Center, Fiscal Services, Institutional Research, and the University Libraries.
Dr. Terrence Webster-Doyle is the author of twenty internationally acclaimed, award-winning books that discuss topics such as bullying, martial arts, and teaching children peaceful solutions to social problems. The collection contains many of his publications, and related materials.
Born in New York in 1912; graduated in 1933 with a B. A. in Economics from the University of Chicago; was actively involved in political journalism from 1934 to 1941; operated several public-relations firms, including Herman Wolf Associates; served as a chief campaign aide for many successful campaigns for offices; member of the National Press Club, the Public Relations Society of America, and the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce.
Professor of Mathematics at the University of Connecticut until his retirement in 1988.
The Women's Club of Storrs began as the College Club in 1903. The purpose of the club, as stated in the first club constitution, was to promote literary and social culture. Membership was open to women connected with the [University of Connecticut] faculty, and included a few women faculty and faculty wives. A new constitution adopted in 1917 changed the name to the Women's Club of Storrs, and offered membership to “any woman of the community interested in the aims of the club.”
The Women's Studies Program at the University of Connecticut began in 1974 and was the first formal program of its kind in the state. The collection consists of Connecticut Humanities Council grant files, administrative records, announcement, fliers and publications.