Norwich (inhabited place)
Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract An artificial collection, the Connecticut Soldiers Collection was created to provide a starting point for research concerning the experiences of Connecticut servicemen from the Civil War through the Vietnam War. The sources for the materials are provided in the collection.
Dates: undated, 1809-2000
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract The collection contains correspondence from Linwood Aldrich to his wife, Esther Aldrich, between 1943 and 1944.
Dates: undated, 1943-1944
Abstract Peter Lukoff, Company C, 48th Armor Infantry Battalion, lived in Norwich, Connecticut. The bulk of the collection documents Lukoff's experiences from training in the United States (South Carolina) and his activities in France, Belgium, Germany and England from 1944-1945.
Dates: undated, 1944-1945
Collection — Box 1
Abstract Yeoman 3rd Class Phillip C. Edwards of Norwich, CT, served on the submarine “U.S.S. Sand Lance” during World War II.
Dates: undated, 1938-1945
Abstract Elmer F. Farnham was a resident of Norwich, Connecticut, and a features writer for the Norwich Bulletin. He was author of The Quickest Route: The History of the Norwich & Worcester Railroad, published in 1973 by Pequot Press. The collection consists of photographs of locomotives and railroad scenes of the Norwich & Worcestor Railroad, the Central Vermont Railway, and other southern New England railroads.
Dates: undated, 1966
Abstract Margaret Witter Fuller was born 23 January 1872, in Brooklyn, New York. In 1874, the family moved to Norwich, Connecticut. Miss Fuller resided in Norwich for many years. A prolific writer, she authored many poems, plays and novels. Miss Fuller died 1 February 1954 in Boston, MA.
Dates: undated, 1903-1956
Abstract Collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings compiled by Gallagher documentingabout his tenure as a labor leader in Connecticut and about labor activities in Putnam, Norwich, and Willimantic, Connecticut.
Abstract The United Association of Plumbers and Steamfitters, Local 305, was established on 17 June 1910 by a group of piping tradesmen. Three of its founders were William Tomlinson, Charles A. Smith and Frank Kennedy.
Dates: undated, 1934-1983