Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Contains approximately 136,060 photographic prints and negatives documenting all aspects of University life and the town and residents of Storrs, CT.
Originally chartered in 1892 as Local 155 of the Journeymen Bakers and Confectioners International Union located in Waterbury Connecticut. In 1904, the name was changed to Bakery and Confectionery Workers International Union. In 1978, the union merged with Tobacco Workers Union to create the present union. Each time the international name changed the local received a new charter. The Local history can be found in Series IV.
Theodore Sedgwick Gold was born in Madison, New York. T.S. Gold graduated from Yale College in 1838 and then spent four years studying and teaching at academies in Goshen and Waterbury. He moved to Cornwall in 1842 to pursue a career in farming. Mr. Gold was a trustee of the Storrs Agricultural School from 1881 to 1901 and took an active role in promoting the school's growth and development throughout his lifetime.
The Meriden & Cromwell Railroad ran between these two cities in Connecticut from 1885 to 1888 when its name changed to the Meriden, Waterbury & Connecticut River Railroad, and was extended to Waterbury, Connecticut, until 1892, when the line was taken over by the New York & New England Railroad. The Album, compiled by James M.S. Ullman of Meriden, Connecticut, has 185 photographs of locomotives, stations, and other scenes associated with these railroad lines.