Found in 33 Collections and/or Records:
The Women's Club of Storrs began as the College Club in 1903. The purpose of the club, as stated in the first club constitution, was to promote literary and social culture. Membership was open to women connected with the [University of Connecticut] faculty, and included a few women faculty and faculty wives. A new constitution adopted in 1917 changed the name to the Women's Club of Storrs, and offered membership to “any woman of the community interested in the aims of the club.”
At the time of its formation in 1866, the Hartford Association was one of the earliest Associations for young women in America, and the first community social agency in Hartford.