Blueprints (reprographic copies).
Found in 48 Collections and/or Records:
University of Connecticut, Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center Records
Richard C. Carpenter was the author of A Railroad Atlas of the United States in 1946, a five volume set published by Johns Hopkins University Press. The papers include handdrawn original railroad track and signal maps drawn by Mr. Carpenter, Henry T. Wilhelm and William Bruce Coughlin, of railroads in the Mid-Atlantic States, New York and New England, and Indiana, Lower Michigan, and Ohio, that Mr. Carpenter used for research for the atlas.
Papers collected or created by Edward F. Donegan, a conductor for the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad from 1941 to 1967. The materials include labor contracts, conductor fare cards and instructions, safety bulletins, diagrams of the railroad's interlocking stations along the right-of-way, and photographs.
Francis D. Donovan (1917-2005) was a resident of Medway, Massachusetts, and an avid railroad photograph and memorabilia collector and researcher, particularly of materials associated with the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and its predecessor lines. His papers consist of his writings and research files about the railroad; photographs of stations, engines, and railroad scenes; maps, scrapbooks, postcards and timetables.
For more than a century, the E. Ingraham Company was a prominent family-operated manufacturer of clocks and watches, with headquarters and plants located in Bristol, Connecticut
In 1955, the Connecticut General Assembly authorized funding for the construction of a junior-senior high school in Mansfield, Connecticut, to be administered by the University of Connecticut. The school opened in the fall of 1958 and remained a division of the UConn School of Education until the summer of 1987.
Rudy J. Favretti, professor of Landscape Architecture at the University of Connecticut, from 1955 until his retirement in 1989.
The collection contains financial records, legal documents, blueprints, drawings, newspaper clippings and photographs of the houses built by the Frederick G. Holland Company between 1923 and 1959. The houses were constructed primarily in a housing development in East Hartford, Connecticut, although additional properties in Bloomfield, Hartford, Wethersfield and South Windsor are included. A later addition added documentation on the history of the land and house sales.
The collection contains the manuscripts, books, correspondence, notes, publications, and photographs of poet Peter Ganick.
Records and publications of Giligia Press, a small press founded by poet, novelist, and memoirist David Kherdian in 1965.
The University of Connecticut Health Center is a vibrant organization composed of the School of Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, John Dempsey Hospital, the UConn Medical Group and University Dentists. The Health Center Records consist of correspondence, reports, minutes, administrative records, and personal papers pertaining to the creation and ongoing development of the medical and dental programs associated with the University of Connecticut.
The collection consists of a switchyard layout diagram, published materials, photographs, and a signalman's hand lamp belonging to New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad signal superintendent Clinton C. Hurlbut, who worked for the railroad from 1912 to 1961.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Industrial Aircraft, Lodge 743 Records
Chartered in 1941 to represent members of the International Association of Machinists at Hamilton Standard in East Hartford, Connecticut. In 1952, it moved to Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Industrial Aircraft Lodge 1746 Records
The International Aircraft Lodge 1746 was chartered on 1 November 1945. The local represents production workers at United Technologies Corporation's Pratt and Whitney plant in East Hartford, Connecticut. The workers make jet engines and other components for commercial and military aircraft. Lodge 1746 is a member of IAMAW District 91.
Started as Williams' Genuine Yankee Soap around 1840; moved to Glastonbury, Connecticut in 1847 and gained its current name in 1848; acquired Conti Products Corporation in 1950; acquired R. B. Selmer, Inc. in 1952; was acquired by Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 1957 and moved to Cranford, New Jersey but keeping the same name; was eventually sold to Nabisco in 1971.
Vivien Kellems, Connecticut businesswoman and activist, served as president of the Kellems Cable Grip Company into the early 1960s. She also devoted herself to challenging the United States Government on issues such as personal rights during war time, business tax withholding from employees, inflated singles income tax and fair voting procedures.
The collection documents the personal and professional lives of several generations of Leavenworths residing in Connecticut.
Maps, drawings and blueprints of University property.
Papers of Harry J. Marks, long time professor of history at the University of Connecticut.