Middletown (inhabited place)
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
The books fall into three categories: farmers, storekeepers and businesses.
The collection consists of administrative files, photographs, and DVDs associated with the formation, maintenance and demise of the Connecticut Central Railroad, a freight line that ran in and around Middletown, Connecticut, from 1987 to 1998.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Aeronautical Industrial District Lodge 91 Records
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW), Canel Lodge 700 was founded on 20 April 1959. The lodge, located in Middletown, Connecticut, was organized by machinists at the Canel Atomic Testing Lab. In 1959, the local gained collective bargaining recognition from the Canel Lab. Pratt and Whitney took over the plant circa 1965. Pratt and Whitney continued union recognition after the takeover.
First established as a program within the Labor Management Institute in 1946, the Labor Education evolved into a separate center in 1961. Its purpose is to fulfill the educational, consultation, and research needs of the state's unions.
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
This is an artificial collection of publications, timetables, forms, reports, track diagrams and charts, equipment blueprints, maps, drawings and artwork, and photographs almost exclusively associated with the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and its predecessor railroad lines, gathered from many donors and purchases.