Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 210 Records
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
Dates: undated, 1901-1986