Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
First established as a program within the Labor Management Institute in 1946, the Labor Education evolved into a separate center in 1961. Its purpose is to fulfill the educational, consultation, and research needs of the state's unions.
The Meriden-Wallingford School of Nursing traces its history to the establishment of the Meriden Hospital Nursing program in 1892. The program flourished from the 1890s until 1973 when it was phased out, following the national trend to move nursing programs from the hospital environment to a collegiate environment. The last class graduated in 1976.